Making your own stickers can be a super fun crafts project, but also a great way to make a bit of money on the side should you decide to create and sell your own designs on platforms such as Etsy or Redbubble.
If you are thinking of getting into the sticker-making business, you need to have the appropriate tools to hand. This includes a printer, but you can’t pick just any!
This is the case even more if you are hoping to try to sell your creations. With this in mind, we are going to be going through the best printers to make stickers with, as well as taking a look at what you need to consider if you are thinking about investing in a printer for creating stickers!
Let’s get started.
Inkjet Printers And Laserjet Printers
Before we start our guide to the best printers for stickers, it is important to know that there are two different types of printers available – Inkjet and laser printers.
Laser printers work by using a powerful beam of light to etch images directly onto the paper. Inkjet printers work by springing tiny droplets of ink onto paper.
Both types of printers are capable of producing high-quality results, but each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Laser printers are usually quicker than inkjet printers, however, they require expensive toner cartridges, which may not always be appropriate for small businesses who want to keep costs down.
Laser printers are more expensive than inkjet printers, but they’re faster to use. The cost difference between inkjet and laser printers is typically negligible, so it really depends on your personal preferences.
Now let’s take a look at some of the best printers available on the market when it comes to printing stickers.
This printer has been available for years and is still being manufactured today for good reason!
It uses a thermal printing process and produces excellent results, especially when used with its specially designed adhesive sheets. The Workforce Wf-7710DW is ideal for anyone looking to make stickers for themselves, as it is easy to use and requires little maintenance.
It is relatively inexpensive to purchase, so it is perfect for those people who don’t want to spend too much upfront.
- Relatively inexpensive for what it offers.
- Quick and efficient printing.
- Easy to use.
- Doesn’t include an automatic cutter
- Requires frequent cleaning
- Not suitable for large scale production
- Storage Dimensions: 22.3" W x 19.1" D x 13.4" H
- Epson all-in-one printer can print, scan, copy and fax
- PrecisionCore technology lets you create borderless prints up to 13" x 19" in size
- 250-sheet paper tray can also hold up to 20 sheets of photo paper or 10 envelopes
- Automatic 2-sided print speeds of 8.7 ppm (ISO) in black and 6 ppm (ISO) in color
If you’re looking for a printer that can produce professional-quality stickers, the Epson EcoTankET-2650DN is certainly worth considering. It prints up to 20,000 stickers per month, which makes it perfect for smaller businesses.
It is designed to be used with the EcoTank ET-3200DN, which allows you to print multiple colors simultaneously. This is another excellent feature for a small business creating various stick designs that might include a wide range of colors. While it isn’t the fastest printer out there, it does produce good quality results.
- Has the capacity to print up to 20,000 stickers per month
- Can be used with other products from the same range
- Very high-quality prints
- Can print multiple colors in stickers simultaneously
- Slightly slow printing speed
- No automatic cutter
- Requires regular cleaning
- An expensive choice
Also available on Epson.com
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience. Non Epson inks and inks not formulated for your specific printer may cause damage that is not covered by the Epson warranty.
- Cartridge-free printing — Comes with upto 2 years of ink in the box (1)
- Includes enough ink to print upto 6,500 pages black/5,200 color (2) — Equivalent to about 30 ink cartridge sets (3)
- Save upto 80 percent on ink with low-cost replacement bottles (4) — plus easy-to-fill, supersized ink tanks. Operating Systems - Windows 10, 8, 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Mac OS X 10.6 – Mac OS 10.12.x10
- Easy wireless — Easily print from iPad, iPhone, Android tablets and smartphones (5); Includes Wi-Fi Direct (6)
If you’re looking for a reliable printer for creating stickers, the Brother VC-500W is another excellent choice. This particular printer is extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of different ways.
For example, you can create posters, banners, signs, and even wall murals (and stickers too, of course!).
This type of versatility allows you to use this printer to create anything from stickers to cards without having to spend extra money on any additional equipment.
The Brother VC-5000W also features a built-in cutter, meaning that you won’t have to worry about buying one separately.
Overall, this printer offers great value for money and is ideal for small businesses as well as novice sticker makers and crafters.
- Built in cutter
- Slow printing speed
- Requires regular cleaning
Also available on Brother.com.
- Versatile printing for unlimited uses; Create and print labels, photos, stickers and more to decorate, personalize and customize gifts; from photo projects and party favors to a variety of organization tasks, business projects, home decor, and more
- Easy to connect and use; Wi-Fi/Wireless direct lets you connect to print wirelessly from virtually anywhere or share on a network directly from your smartphone or tablet; Create and print from your mobile phone when connected to a wireless network
- Free Color Label Editor 2 App lets you get creative; Includes thousands of elements, including frames, fonts, art, backgrounds, and ready-made designs plus print from Air-Print enabled apps to unleash your creativity, Also works with P-touch Editor Software for desktop users
- Replacement CZ and CK Rolls for the VC-500; The VC-500W uses Brother CZ and CK replacement rolls CZ-1001, CZ-1002, CZ-1003, CZ-1004, CZ-1005, CK-1000
The TS9120 is another printer that is perfect for people who want to print their own stickers. It is a low-cost alternative to more expensive printers such as the Brother VC-500.
It works well for small businesses or those making stickers for arts and crafts purposes, but it isn’t recommended for larger companies because of its limited capacity.
Furthermore, it doesn’t support any larger sizes of paper, so you can’t use it to print anything larger than A4 size paper, which might be difficult for those trying to make large amounts at one time.
- Low cost in comparison to some other options
- Easy to use
- Somewhat environmentally friendly due to its small eco-footprint
- Limited capacity
- Not suitable for larger projects due to the limited capacity
Also available on Canon.com
- Inspire your creativity with prints that will impress. From stunning photographs to detailed documents, put the 6-color individual ink system to work and never compromise on speed or quality.
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your smartphone, tablet and all your favorite devices with ease. Print hassle free - whether from the cloud, through Bluetooth, from social media or even on the go.
- The PIXMA TS9120 Wireless printer is the all-in-one that fits perfectly anywhere in the home, and looks great with any decor thanks to its two-tone design and multiple color options.
- With intuitive features like the 5.0" LCD touchscreen and enhanced user interface, Bluetooth printing, & document removal reminder, it's clear to see why the PIXMA TS9120 makes printing a breeze.
- The PIXMA TS9120 is always ready to print with its AUTO EXPANDABLE OUTPUT TRAY.Print Resolution (Up to): Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
This printer is another ideal option if you want to create stickers for your own personal use, as it has a number of features that allow you to do so easily.
One of these features is the ability to cut your sticker sheet into individual pieces, which can significantly cut back on time when it comes to cutting out stickers later on in the process.
Another feature is the ability to print directly onto an adhesive sheet, another time-saving option that is incredibly helpful.
These two features mean that you can save a ton of time when making your stickers, whilst also making stickers that will stick perfectly straight onto your chosen surface.
If you want to get creative, you can even add text to your stickers using the HP OfficeJet 5255!
- The ability to add and edit text
- A time-saving option that is great for those who want to make stickers but feel like they don’t have the time to do so.
- Cutting function
- Printing on adhesive sheets
- A little more expensive than some options.
- Can take some time to set up.
Also available on HP.com.
- Replaces the HP OfficeJet 4650, HP OfficeJet 5255 comes with Bluetooth Smart, improved Wi-Fi connectivity, faster print speeds and more
- Accomplish everything in your home office – This all in one wireless printer adapts to everything your work day requires: print, scan, copy and fax efficiently with a 35-page auto-document feeder, automatic two-sided printing and touchscreen
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at Dollar 2.99 per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand – The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your wireless printer, scan documents with your camera, and print from social media or the cloud, such as iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- A new level of wireless connectivity you can count on – Get a stable, reliable wireless connection with dual band Wi-Fi, and go from box to set-up fast with Bluetooth Smart
No products found.
If you want to buy a high-quality printer to create stickers, then the Canon PIXMA TR4520 should be near the top of your list of choices. It produces excellent results, and has a large capacity, so you can create tons of stickers at once without running out of ink.
This makes it a fantastic choice if you have a business that may want to produce a large number of stickers at once, but might not be a feature that you need if you are a more casual sticker maker.
This printer is also incredibly versatile, as the model works with both Windows and Mac platforms, and you also don’t have to spend hours setting up your computer before you can start working.
In addition to being compatible with both operating systems, it is also easy to set up and operate, which is an excellent feature for a printer no matter what you plan to use it for!
- A large capacity that makes this option perfect for a business that wants to make a lot of stickers at once.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Easily operated and easy to set up
- The printer takes some time to warm up
- A more expensive option.
No products found.
Also available on Canon.com
Another good alternative for those who want a printer that produces high-quality stickers is the Brother MFC J475DW.
It is easy to set up thanks to the quick and efficient wireless setup, as well as being one of the more affordable options in comparison to some of the others that we have looked at.
This printer is designed to work with Windows 7 or 8, but it does not support Linux. Despite this, this printer is still very accessible as it is also compatible with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 connections.
- High-quality prints
- Compatible and versatile
- Efficient, wireless printing
- Duplex printing allows for two-sided prints that save on ink as well as being eco-friendly.
- Doesn’t support Linux
Also available on Brother.com.
- Easy to setup wireless (802.11b/g/n) networking
- Fast print speeds up to 33ppm black and 27ppm color. ISO print speeds up to 12 ppm black and 10 ppm color
- Help save paper with automatic duplex (2-sided) printing
- Wireless printing from your mobile device via: AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Brother iPrint/Scan and Cortado Workplace
- Capabilities to scan using a variety of formats including JPEG, TIFF and PDF to E-mail, OCR and more.
If you’re looking for a high-quality printer that produces professional-quality stickers, then Canon Pixma iX6800 is among the best options.
It has been designed specifically for business owners, allowing them to create stickers quickly and efficiently, whilst also being great for crafters wanting to make the best quality, handmade stickers.
The ink cartridges are refillable, which is a particularly handy feature if you know you are going to be going through a fair amount of ink quite quickly.
In addition, this printer doesn’t require much maintenance or cleaning. Not only that, but the Canon Pixma is also accessible as it is easy to operate and requires little space to function.
- High-quality thanks to the use of fine print head technology
- Full photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering
- Refillable ink cartridges
- Easy to use and accessible
- Low maintenance
- One of the pricier options.
Also available on Canon.com
- OS compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 , Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32 bit13; Mac compatibility: Mac OS X v10.6.8 v10.913
- Utilizes Air Print, Google Cloud Print and Pixma Printing Solutions (PPS)
- Fine print head technology (Full photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering)
- High performance 5 individual ink tank system. Auto sheet feeder 150 sheets
- 9600 x 2400 dots per inch maximum print resolution; Print resolution (up to): Black: 600 x 600 dots per inch, number of nozzles: Color: 4,096, black: 1,024, total: 5,120
The HP Envy 6055E is another great option for those looking for an all-in-one printer that can produce high-quality stickers.
It has a wide range of options when it comes to scanning, printing, and copying as well as the capacity to make stickers, making it a particularly versatile choice. It is also one of the cheaper choices, particularly considering how much the printer offers.
This printer prints on standard paper sizes, such as A4 and letter sizes, which offers a great deal of choice when it comes to printing out your stickers.
Furthermore, it is also compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems and is incredibly easy to set up and operate, requiring little to no technical knowledge thanks to the smooth setup process.
- Great connectivity via various devices
- Reasonably priced
- Borderless printing
- An optional ink subscription that sends you ink just before you run out.
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows
- Not suitable for large volume printing
- Requires more than one ink cartridge
Also available on HP.com
- Sold as 1 Each.
- PERFECT FOR HOME - The HP ENVY 6055e is great for busy families printing documents, borderless photos, homework and creative projects. Print speeds up to 7 pages per minute color, 10 pages per minute black. HP SMART APP - Print, scan and copy from your phone--from anywhere. Get additional advanced features with HP+. PRINT FROM THE CLOUD - Print and scan to and from your cloud accounts like Dropbox and Google Drive in a few taps.
- 3 MONTHS INK when you activate HP+ - Includes 3 months subscription for Instant Ink delivery service with HP+ activation. Ink. EASY TO GET IT ALL DONE - Easy wireless setup and self-healing Wi-Fi. This printer is intended to work only with cartridges with original HP chips or circuitry and will block cartridges using non-HP chips or circuitry. Periodic firmware upda...
- INCLUDES HP+ SMART FEATURES - Activate HP+ to get advanced features for mobile printing, security, automatic updates and more. HP+ only works with an HP account, internet connection and Original HP Ink for the life of the printer. This printer is intended to work only with cartridges with original HP chips or circuitry and will block cartridges using non-HP chips or circuitry. Periodic firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of these measures. More at www.hp.com/learn/ds. W...
- KEY FEATURES - Print, copy, scan, auto 2-sided and borderless printing, mobile and wireless printing. HP SMART APP - Print, scan and copy from your phone--whenever, wherever. Get advanced features for 24 months with HP+. OS System Requirements: Mobile Printing Capability - HP Smart app; Apple AirPrintTM; Chrome OS; Mopria-certified Minimum system requirements - macOS v10.14 Mojave, macOS v10.15 Catalina, macOS v11 Big Sur; 2 GB HD; Internet required Windows 10, 7: 32-bit or 64-bit, 2 GB ava...
There are many factors that go into choosing the right printer for printing stickers. Let’s take a look at some of the most important elements to consider if you are thinking about investing in a printer to make stickers with:
Before you can even consider what printer you might want to invest in, you need to set yourself a budget, as there are some printers that can be used for sticker making that are very costly.
Decide on your budget, and you can then make sure that you are only looking at printers that fall within your price range. Higher quality printers with more features are likely to be more expensive.
However, you might not need all the features that high-tech printers offer for the kind of stickers that you want to make.
Do your research beforehand and make sure that you know exactly what kind of stickers you are planning to print- and how many you want to be able to print at once- and you should be able to find a printer that suits your needs and won’t break the bank or your budget!
Remember that the bigger the printer, the better it will perform in terms of how many stickers it can provide. For example, if your plan is to produce hundreds of thousands of stickers per day, you should consider purchasing a high-capacity printer.
However, if you are only planning to make stickers for personal use or as a hobby, you shouldn’t need a larger capacity.
This refers to the size of the paper that you plan to use. Most printers come with different sizes of paper, including standard A4, letter, legal, etc.
Check what size paper the printer you are considering offers and make sure that it can handle the paper size that you want to use for your stickers
Another essential feature to consider when buying a printer is the type of paper that it can handle. For instance, if your stickers are going to be printed on vinyl or glossy paper, then you are going to need a printer that can handle this material.
This is an important element to think about that can be easy to overlook, but it can make a big difference to your stickers, so make sure to check the paper that your printer can handle!
You should choose a printer that can produce the size of stickers that you are planning to print. For instance, if you want to print stickers that are 4 inches by 6 inches, then you will need a printer that can support this.
Knowing exactly what you are planning to make in terms of stickers is crucial to your decision, so make sure that you have made all the decisions that you need to make before jumping into a purchase.
The quality of the printed image depends on how fast the ink dries after printing, and this is certainly an essential feature if you want clear and smooth sticker designs. This is the case even more so if you want to make stickers that have a lot of detail, making a high-quality printer a given.
Ink Cartridge Type
Ink cartridge type refers to whether the ink used within the printer is either refillable or disposable. Refillable ink cartridges allow users to simply replace the empty ink cartridges with new ones relatively efficiently and quickly.
Disposable ink cartridges are cheaper than refillable ones without requiring as much maintenance.
That being said, if you do run out of ink, you’ll have to buy another one and can’t simply refill them. If you’re planning to make large quantities of stickers, then you may prefer to go for a refillable model as they are less wasteful, more eco-friendly, and are more cost-effective too.
Make sure that the printer you pick can print in the exact colors that you want. This includes both the color of the background and the color of the stickers themselves.
If you are planning on making particularly vibrant stickers, color is an incredibly important factor to consider!
Finally, speed is very significant if you are planning on making stickers for a business and will need to make a lot of them. You’ll need a printer with a fast speed if this is the case.
Speed may not be too essential if you are planning on making stickers for personal arts and crafts purposes, but if you are someone who likes a quick printing process, then you might want a quick printer nonetheless!
Printers often come with different options for adhesive, but this can be a vital element when it comes to sticker printing.
You should look at all the different adhesives available and choose the one that suits your sticker making the best. There are four main types of adhesives: self-adhesive vinyl, self-adhesive paper, hot glue, and double-sided tape.
Make sure that the printer you purchase has all the features that you will need to create your stickers. Some printers have more advanced functions than others.
Here are some common features of printers, including some that are particularly useful when making stickers:
- A cutting function can be better suited for creating custom stickers. They make it possible to cut out specific areas from a larger paper, which can save a lot of time when making stickers.
- An adhesive function is also super helpful when it comes to creating stickers, saving a lot of time further down the line in the sticker-making process.
- Automatic feeders are useful when printing because they save you time by automatically feeding the paper. Some people find manual feeders more efficient than automatic feeders, though, so it’s all a matter of your personal preferences.
- Printers with touchscreen controls can make the general printing process quicker and more efficient than traditional controls.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Know What Kind of Printer I Need for Stickers?
Before you buy a new printer, you first need to decide what kind of stickers you’d like to make and print. There are several different kinds of stickers that can be printed, including vinyl stickers, self-adhesives, and peel-offs.
Once you’ve figured out what kind of stickers you want to make and which printer you’d like to use, you can narrow down the choices based on the features available from different models.
Do All Sticker Printers Work the Same Way?
Although they are similar, they don’t all work exactly the same way. These methods include:
Some printers will let you easily print directly onto vinyl sheets. This is very helpful if you’re making vinyl stickers. All you need to do is cut out the desired shape and place it on the printer’s platform.
Simply print your designs and watch as the sticker adheres to the vinyl sheet!
Some printers enable you to print directly onto a self-adhesive backing. Peel off the backing paper from the sticker, place it on the printer’s platform, and press the print button. The sticker should stick to the surface automatically.
Most printers that offer this function work very similarly. They printed directly onto the surface of whatever you put on top of them.
Peel & Stick
Many printers allow printing directly onto objects using peel and stick technology. To make stickers with this printer, simply print off your design, peel off the backing paper from the sticker and apply it to whatever surface you want.