Crocheting is such a versatile crafty hobby. There’s no end to the beautiful projects you can create with a quality set of crochet hooks and a ball of yarn.
You can enjoy looking at your finished projects, and you can also get lost in the therapeutic process of creating something. You will of course want to finish your crochet projects to the best of your ability.
But in order to do so, you will need a quality set of crochet hooks in your possession.
With so many different types of crochet hooks to consider, it can be a tough process to find the best crochet hooks for your needs. Should you opt for plastic or metal crochet hooks?
What sizes do you need for your projects? How many crochet hooks do you get for your money? These are all important things to consider.
Luckily, we’ve done all the research for you so that you don’t have to. We’ve researched and reviewed hundreds of different products to find the best crochet hooks for your needs.
So you can rest assured that the below crochet hooks will be perfect for your creative projects.
Best Crochet Hooks
The Yarniss 14 sizes crochet hook set gives you everything you need for efficient crocheting. This particular set of crochet hooks gives you 14 different hooks in different sizes so that you have more variety of crochet hooks at your disposal.
This also means that you can create a greater variety of creative projects as you’ll have more sizes to hand. This particular set also includes 9 yarn needles, 10 stitch markers, a set of compact scissors, as well as a handy case to store all of your crocheting equipment in.
Another great feature of these particular crochet hooks is that they feature an ergonomic design. This will be a lifesaver during lengthy crocheting sessions!
They give you an easier grip to help reduce the pain in your wrist or fingers. This also makes them a great fit for those who suffer from arthritis. You’ll be able to crochet for hours at a time without having to worry about cramping or hand pain.
These particular crochet hooks come as a complete set. It includes sizes from B (2mm) up to N (10mm). The hooks have also all been color-coded so that you can easily tell them apart from one another.
This complete set of hooks will give you the variation in size you need to complete a range of stitches in your projects.
What’s really great about this set of crochet hooks is that they come in at a competitive price. This makes them more affordable than some of the higher-end brands which charge a small fortune for less equipment.
So if you’re working to a budget, the Yarniss crochet hooks set will be perfect for your needs.
- Complete set – comes with 14 crochet hooks and a variety of other accessories
- Various sizes – crochet hooks range from B (2mm) up to N (10mm)
- Ergonomic design – makes the crochet hooks easier to use for long periods of time
- Printed size – this can wear off over time if the hooks are used a lot
- 【Great Value】You get 14 Ergonomic Crochet Hooks,9 Yarn Needles,10 Stitch Markers,1 Scissors& Case. Fantastic value for your buck. Stitch markers, scissors and yarn needles are a great bonus in a convenient case. The crochet hook set is a great crochet starter kit.
- 【Crochet without Pain】Crochet hooks with comfortable easy grip handles reduce or eliminate hand, wrist or finger pain. You can crochet for a long time without getting hand pain or cramping. Ideal gift for Grandma, Mom, Kids, Beginners or Advanced Crocheters!
- 【Longer & Smooth Crochet Hooks】These crochet hooks are longer than other competitors' (4.5cm for size B and 5.2cm for size N) to give extra space when the pattern calls for more loops. Smooth crochet hooks glide effortlessly, produce clean finish project and avoid snagging yarns.
- 【Crochet Gifts】It is best gifts for mother, grandma,friend kids. Relax and connect with family or friends.The crochet hook set is backed by Yarniss.100% Satisfaction service,lifetime replacement.
- 【Enjoy Crocheting】Relax and connect with family or friends.The crochet hook set is backed by Yarniss.100% Satisfaction service,lifetime replacement.
Looking for the best crochet hooks for beginners? Then the BeCraftee 12 crochet hooks set is the ideal choice for you.
This particular set has been designed to be beginner friendly, so is the ideal set to give to kids or grandchildren if you wanted to teach them how to crochet.
Each hook is also color coded and comes with the size printed on the handle so that you can easily differentiate between them.
You’ll get everything you need in this particular set of crochet hooks. This set includes 12 different sized crochet hooks as well as a handy carry case to keep them all together.
The size of the hooks varies from B-1 (2mm) up to L-11 (8mm). This will give you the range of sizes you need to tackle a variety of projects.
The plastic case included with these crochet hooks has been designed to be suitable for use with travel, too. So you can take these hooks with you anywhere.
Another great feature of these crochet hooks is their ergonomic design. Each hook is covered with a soft rubber handle. This makes them much more comfortable to hold for longer periods of time.
So you won’t have to worry about getting cramps in your hands or fatiguing your wrists. This ergonomic design makes the BeCraftee crochet hooks better suited to those who suffer from arthritis.
The best thing about these particular crochet hooks is their smooth and tapered tip. This will mean your yarn won’t slip or snag when you’re crocheting.
These hooks come with a deep throat to make the experience even easier. Each hook features a longer shaft so that you can use them for more yarn loops.
- Beginners – ideal for use by beginners
- Complete set – comes with 12 hooks in different sizes and a travel carry case
- Efficient design – features longer shaft, deeper throat, and smooth, tapered edges
- Printed sizing – this can become worn off over time through regular use
- COMFORTABLE: Enjoy crocheting without the fatigue! The hooks in our crochet kit feature soft, rubber grips to help relieve discomfort.
- EASY TO USE: Perfect for adults and kids, each extra-long, aluminum crochet needle has a smooth and tapered tip to prevent yarn from slipping or snagging.
- LABELED: Every crochet hook is color-coded and has printed letters and numbers on the handle, so you'll always know which needle is which.
- ULTIMATE KIT: Our crochet hook set includes 12 hook sizes ranging from B/1 (2mm) to L/11 (8mm) for working on any pattern.
- GIFT IDEA: Great choice for Mother's Day gifts for Mom! Whatever the occasion, this crochet kit for beginners and seasoned experts alike makes a great surprise to the crafty crocheters in your life.
The BCMRUN 14 crochet hook set is another fantastic choice if you’re looking for a budget option. You get an impressive amount of crochet equipment for a competitive price.
Included in this set are 14 ergonomic crochet hooks ranging from a B (2.2mm) up to an N (10mm), 9 large eye blunt needles, 10 knitting stitch markers, a measuring tape, as well as a case for all of the equipment.
These particular crochet hooks have been designed to be more comfortable for you to use. They feature an ergonomic design of soft grip handles.
This makes the hooks more comfortable to use for longer crocheting sessions. The softer grip alleviates any wrist fatigue and can also prevent any cramping. These handles are also much kinder to those who suffer from arthritis.
It will be super easy to find the right crochet hook for your needs with this set. Every hook is color coded to help you determine between them.
They also come with their sizing printed on each handle so that you can get familiar with your preferred hook sizes. The shaft of the crochet needles is longer than competitive products, too.
Another handy feature of these particular crochet hooks is the included travel case. This can easily store away all of your crochet kit so that you can bring it with you anywhere.
The case is compact, so won’t take up much space in your bag.
- Complete kit – comes with 14 crochet hooks and a variety of accessories
- Different sizes – crochet hooks range from a B (2mm) up to N (10mm)
- Travel case – comes with a compact travel case
- Printed sizing – some customers found that this could wear off through frequent use
- 【Full Size Crochet Hooks Set】Crochet hooks set including 14 ergonomic soft handle hooks, size ranges:B(2.25mm), C(2.75mm), D(3.25mm), F(3.75mm), G(4mm), 7(4.5mm), H(5mm), I(5.5mm),J(6mm),K(6.5mm), 7mm,L(8mm), M/N(9mm) and N/P(10mm).
- 【Crochet Hooks with Handles】Our knitting needles with soft grip handles, can reduces or eliminates hand, wrist or finger pain. It is perfect for Arthritic Hands. Comfortable rubber handle provide a nice firm grip, you can crochet longer without discomfort.
- 【Easily Identify Extra Long Crochet Hooks】Our smooth knitting needles set is longer than all our competitors and each needle with sizes marked on the handle for easy identification. 14 US standard size crochet hooks, 9 Pieces large-eye blunt needles,10 knitting stitch Markers, a Crochet Hook Case and a measure tape.
- 【Christmas Gift】Crochet hooks knitting needles is an ideal useful gift for Mom, Kids, Girls, College Students, Beginner etc. Sewing kit is perfect for both men, and women, best gift for families and friends.
- 【Crochet Hooks with Storage Case】 Our all-in-one crochet kit including everything you need to crochet. Compact and portable, will not take up your too much space. Easily fit into your backpack, luggage, suitcase. Ideal for travel, or take it to everywhere you want to go
The Clover Amour 10 crochet hooks set is the creme de la creme when it comes to crochet hooks.
Clover Amour hooks have a reputation for being the best in the business, so you’ll know you’re buying a set of quality crochet hooks in this particular set.
So while they come with a hefty price tag to match, they will be well worth the investment. These quality hooks will last you for many years to come.
This particular set includes crochet hooks in various sizes. They range from B (2.25mm) up to J (6mm). This gives you a great range of sizes for you to use on all your creative projects.
There are 10 hooks of different sizes included to give you a greater variation in the types of loops you can create.
You will be able to easily distinguish between all of the hooks included in this set thanks to their fun, bright colors. Each size is a different color to help you tell them apart.
So you won’t have to double check the engraved sizing of each hook to find your favorite size.
Another great feature of the Clover Amour crochet hooks is that they feature easy to grip handles. So you won’t have to worry about getting the right grip for those tricky loops.
The handles are also made of soft rubber to make them more ergonomic.
- Quality – manufactured by one of the best brands for crochet hooks
- Complete set – includes 10 crochet hooks in different sizes
- Easy to grip – features an ergonomic design for easier use
- Expensive – one of the more expensive crochet hooks set on this list
- Bright and fun colors
- Easy grip handles
- Optimal hook shape
- Great Gift Idea
The Susan Bates Silvalume 6 crochet hooks set is the ultimate budget choice if you don’t want an abundance of hooks that you aren’t going to use.
This particular set includes 6 high quality hooks at a more competitive price. These hooks will be more than enough for tackling your creative crochet projects.
These particular hooks have been built to last. They have been manufactured using lightweight aluminum so as to last you for many years to come. Each and every hook included in the pack has been heat treated to ensure its durability.
Every hook has undergone a special anodizing process to get rid of any surface impurities. This leaves you with beautifully smooth hooks that won’t catch on any yarn and ruin your precious work.
So you’ll be able to rely on a consistent performance with these hooks in your collection.
Another great feature of these crochet hooks is that they work to reduce your wrist motion when you use them. This will in turn prevent any fatigue from setting in. They will be especially useful during long crocheting sessions!
- Smooth surface – crochet hooks won’t catch your yarn when you’re crocheting
- Durable – constructed using a sturdy heat treated aluminum for added strength
- Ergonomic – designed to reduce wrist motion and prevent fatigue
- Shorter shaft – can make it trickier to crochet multiple loops
- These silvalume hooks is made of lightweight aluminum
- Each hook undergoes a special anodizing process that etches away all surface impurities
- Each hook is heat treated for strength and durability and polished for a velvety smooth finish
- These hooks famous in line head helps reduce wrist motion for fatigue free crocheting and helps you maintain a more consistent gauge
- Each gift set contains six hooks in us sizes 3.75-mm, 4-mm, 5-mm, 5.5-mm, 6-mm and 6.5-mm
Trying to find the best crochet hooks for your creative projects can be a challenge. There are so many different factors to consider that it can often be an overwhelming experience.
While it may be tempting to opt for those cheap and cheerful plastic crochet hooks, you should hold fire. There are a couple of important things that you will need to consider first.
We’ve put together this handy buyer’s guide to give you everything you need to know about crochet hooks in one place.
The below factors should be able to help you decide what are the most important features to look for in a quality set of crochet hooks.
As long as your chosen crochet hooks factor in the below features, you’ll know they’re perfect for your needs.
Take a look at everything you need to consider below, or skip ahead to the frequently asked questions.
Number of hooks
One of the most important factors to consider is how many hooks come in a set. The more hooks included, the better. You should also opt for a set of hooks that come in a variety of sizes.
This will give you more flexibility in terms of the creative projects that you can tackle with your crochet hooks.
It will also be worth considering whether your chosen crochet hook set comes with any other additional accessories.
Another important factor is to consider which sizes come in a set. This will be crucial, as different sizes are needed for different loops and projects.
While you may be tempted to opt for the smaller hooks, these can be tricky to master if you’re new to the craft. You will be better off opting for a medium sized hook to help you get used to crocheting before you start using smaller hooks.
We would suggest opting for a set of crochet hooks that come with at least 6 different hooks. This should be more than enough to get you started.
It’s important to choose a set of crochet hooks that come with an ergonomic design. These will have been designed to be more comfortable to hold, especially over longer periods of time.
When you’re using your crochet hooks for a long time, they can start to cause fatigue or cramps. Crochet hooks that feature an ergonomic design will be able to prevent this from happening.
They will also be kinder on those who suffer from arthritis.
We’d suggest opting for a set of crochet hooks that come with a soft, rubber handle. This will also give you more area to grip, which will lessen any strain on your hand or wrist.
If you have the choice between a set of short crochet hooks and a set of long crochet hooks, you should always go for the longer option.
These will help to reduce any fatigue in your wrists and therefore prevent any injury. When you’re trying to use smaller, more fiddly hooks, this can cause cramps in your hand. Longer crochet hooks will be much easier to hold.
You may not think that budget would be a strong factor to consider when it comes to crochet hooks, but you’d be surprised. One of the best brands of crochet hooks charges a premium price for their hooks.
These are of high quality and will last you for many years to come.
However, not everyone has around $70 to splash out on fancy crochet hooks. Consider how much you’re willing to spend on a set of the best crochet hooks, and you’ll have a better idea of which products you’d like to opt for.
Smooth, tapered tip
Choosing crochet hooks that come with a smooth, tapered tip will be essential. These will be able to smoothly work your yarn without catching.
You won’t want a set of scratchy, rough crochet hooks which will catch on your yarn and ruin your creative projects.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best kind of crochet hook?
The best crochet hooks are:
- Yarniss 14 Sizes Crochet Hooks Set
- BeCraftee 12 Crochet Hooks Set
- BCMRUN 14 Crochet Hooks Set
- Clover Amour 10 Crochet Hooks Set
- Susan Bates Silvalume 6 Crochet Hooks Set
What kind of crochet hook is best for beginners?
When it comes to getting started with crocheting, you’ll want to opt for a medium sized hook such as a size H-8 (5mm). This sized hook will help you to get used to the rhythm of crocheting each stitch.
Once you’ve gained some valuable crochet experience, you can start to use some of the smaller hooks that are needed for more fiddly work.
Are metal or plastic crochet hooks better?
Metal crochet hooks are better than plastic hooks. This is because the plastic hooks are more bendable and much weaker than metal. So if you apply too much pressure or weight, they could snap altogether.
Metal crochet hooks are the better choice out of the two if you want a set of hooks that will last you for years to come.